Sometimes called Behavioral Health Supports & Services, KenCrest Clinical Services include behavior, sexuality, communication, and other therapies. We create comprehensive plans for each of these areas, provide support to teams, offer education and ensure that the people we support reach their personalized goals. KenCrest clinical services are available to all KenCrest PA adult programs, school districts, families, and any outside residential, day, or employment setting. KenCrest currently offers clinical services in Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties.
KenCrest can provide the following clinical services:
- Complete a Functional Assessment of behavioral or symptomatic concerns
- Write full plans with step-by-step interventions for families, staff, supports, and people to follow
- Train the team on the plans and problem-solving strategies
- Create desensitization plans for overwhelming routines including doctor’s appointments or hygiene tasks
- Make recommendations for alternative therapies, treatment modalities, and health support professionals
- Work with a psychiatrist to support mental and behavioral health concerns; offering feedback on effectiveness of psychotropic medications
- Check in with teams to gather and review data to identify what is and is not working for this individual
- Collaborate with other departments or agencies as needed
- Complete sexuality assessments related to educational, consent, safety, and risk-related concerns
- Write sexuality support plans focused on educational goals, clinical goals, or a combination of both
- Support relationship development and maintenance
- Train clients and teams on safety, awareness, sensitivity, support strategies, and healthy sexuality
- Support teams to work with outside agencies such as child advocacy centers, victim assistance centers, probation officers, police, or sexual assault nurse examiners
- Educate families on the rights of each person
- Run groups as requested and funded by agencies, organizations, and schools
- Create policies and train all staff at an agency to support healthy sexuality initiatives throughout a company
Communication: Communication Specialist, Speech Language Pathologist, and Assistive Technology Specialist
- Assess communication capabilities and attempts
- Write communication action plans to identify needs and interventions related to someone’s abilities
- Identify the need for assistive technology – low-tech or high-tech needs through trials
- Develop a justification for assistive technology that can be submitted to insurance or waiver for approval of funds
- Create low-tech communication tools that can enhance someone’s ability to communicate with a team
- Assist with set-up of communication devices, apps, or systems with personalization
- Train staff, families, and clients on how to use low-tech and high-tech communication tools and strategies
- Check in with teams to monitor progress, make necessary adjustments to tools, and problem-solve
We are currently working with an extensive waitlist for Communication services; please email email@example.com for more information.
Music Therapy: piloting program started
Occupational Therapy & Physical Therapy: Coming soon as part of the 2022-2025 strategic plan.
To make a referral, please complete this KenCrest Clinical Referral Form. You may fill out this form electronically and save it to your computer. When you are finished, attach the form to an email and send it to Clinical@kencrest.org. We will reach out via email to gather further information about the case and set up a Specialist or Consultant who is best suited to take the case.