Philadelphia Early Learning Centers
High-quality, early education for children 0-5
As a Pennsylvania Keystone STARS 4-quality-rated program, KenCrest’s seven early learning centers in Philadelphia offer a nurturing environment that supports the healthy growth of children while celebrating each child’s family, culture, and community.
KenCrest offers a variety of programs to support families and caregivers, including:
- Head Start and Early Head Start Childcare Partnership
- Pre-K Counts
- Before and After Care
- Summer Care
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch for all students
We also recognize that school means more than academic learning. Our HighScope curriculum emphasizes kindergarten readiness through active play and learning, which provides children with direct, hands-on experience with teachers and peers, materials, events, and ideas. Classrooms are equipped with interest areas, including art, blocks, dramatic play, music, tabletop toys for problem-solving, and an extensive library. All staff working in our centers have been trained in Trauma Smart techniques to support trauma-informed care.
We encourage each child’s natural curiosity and work to foster a life-long love of learning.
- A wide range of programs, including art, music, and dance
- Daily planning and recall for children to express what they have done and learned
- Environments to encourage children’s natural curiosity and life-long learning
- Kindergarten readiness, independence, responsibility, and confidence
We understand that children’s first learning experiences occur at home, so we believe that having a solid home and school connection creates a strong foundation for learning.
- Lending-library bags, including books sponsored by the Raising a Reader program at three locations, to encourage reading together at home.
- English as a Second Language (ELS) classes
- Trauma-informed parenting support groups
- Electronic communication systems between school and home
Each of our seven Early Learning Centers is safe and well-maintained, with an Eco-Healthy Childcare endorsement from Children’s Environmental Health Network. Each center features an enclosed outdoor play space with age-appropriate materials for all our students to enjoy.
Our commitment to safety and peace of mind for all families is reflected in our drop-off and pick-up procedure and visitor policy. Plus, all our personnel have a Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and criminal clearances issued by the Pennsylvania State Police.