Become a Lifesharing Provider
Lifesharing supports people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities to live with qualified, trained providers; and become a part of their lives and families, while receiving guidance and support in achieving their goals and dreams. Becoming a Provider is an opportunity to open your heart and your home. Join hundreds of families across the state of Pennsylvania who have chosen to expand their families through Lifesharing. Lifesharing Providing opportunities are available to anyone over the age of 18; providers can apply to invite someone new into their lives or support a family member through biological Lifesharing.
Lifesharing providers encourage those they support to have goals, dream dreams, make plans, and live. We are continually looking to create relationships between participants and provider families (including single providers) interested in the Lifesharing experience and maintain the relationships we’ve built with our long-term families.
In keeping with Pennsylvania Lifesharing's best practices and to assist our Lifesharing provider families in caring for the individual living with them, KenCrest offers the following:
- Competitive, tax-free monthly stipend
- Assistance with medical appointments and emergencies
- Coordination of transportation services
- 30 days of overnight care outside of the home
- 24/7 on-call support
- Ongoing, individualized training conveniently covered in the family’s home
- Team support and person-centered planning
At KenCrest, our top priority in Lifesharing is ensuring that the match is a good fit between the people we support and the provider family. To that end, we ask every potential provider to complete a thorough screening process that includes the following:
- A home check and interview and general upkeep/maintenance
- Background clearances and reference checks (personal, employment, and agency)
- Physical exams to establish the excellent health of the provider's family
- Motor vehicle check for safety
KenCrest accepts applications for new provider families on an ongoing basis! Click here to fill out the Lifesharing Program Interest Form. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at 610-487-1582 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.