Meaningful Day Community Engagement
KenCrest’s Community Based-Services provide in-home and community supports to individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability residing at home with their family, in a residential setting, or living with a Lifesharing provider.
We support over 100 people living in Pennsylvania’s Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. We offer In-Home and Community Support, Respite Services, Companion Care, and One-on-One Community Participation Supports.
Services We Provide
- Habilitation Services: assisting people in learning and acquiring daily living skills to improve their quality of life, support their family, and engage with the community.
- Companion Care: support the people we support with their daily activities.
- Respite Services: providing temporary care in place of a family member during times of need and provides a break for the people we support from specific skills or activities.
- Community Participation Opportunities: this enables people to explore different interests, hobbies, and activities within their communities that can lead to employment. These services are offered in a one-on-one setting.
- Specialized Skill Development and Community Support: for those 21 years old and older living with autism to navigate and participate in their community. This service is provided through the Adult Autism Waiver program.
Everyone should be able to engage in the most important activities to them. Based on a supported person's needs and goals, KenCrest designs a customized person-centered program to help them make meaningful contributions within their community.
Supports include, but are not limited to:
- Each person will acquire, maintain, or improve skills like personal care, computer skills, money management, navigating public transportation, and personal safety.
- Socialization: becoming more connected to a local community, social group, or volunteer opportunity.
- Healthy Living: participating in exercise routines, grocery shopping, meal prepping, and learning to make healthy life choices.