Welcome to KenCrest's Advocacy site!
- Advocacy, lobbying, or government affairs are all efforts used to engage and influence public policy. These efforts include raising awareness and influencing support (or opposition) for a particular cause or policy.
- KenCrest's advocacy goal is to advance social policies and develop solutions that support early intervention and early education, target and strengthen families, and promote the full inclusion of individuals in their communities.
- The Advocacy Department:
- Builds and maintains relationships with local, state, and federal legislators
- Raises awareness for policy issues that affect people with disabilities and children
- Partners with peer organizations, trade associations, and chambers of commerce to position KenCrest's message to elected officials
- Organizes advocacy outreach initiatives, including program tours, policy events, and staff and family meetings with legislators
- Monitors and tracks legislation with a focus on disability issues and children's policy
Advocacy Training Recordings
- October 2021
- September 2020
- Voting and Advocacy Discussion for Pennsylvania DSPs (January 2021) PowerPoint GoToMeeting Recording
Advocacy Action Center
Special Thank You Messages Honoring Direct Support Professionals
- A Message to DSPs from Secretary Teresa Miller
- A Message to DSPs of Delaware from the Director of Community Services Cory Nourie