Supported Independent Living
Through KenCrest’s Personal Support Network, we provide Supported Living services to individuals who desire to live on their own. Through comprehensive and flexible supports, we provide services to enable individuals to live as independently as possible in the community and residence of their choice. We serve Pennsylvania residents in Bucks, Montgomery, Berks, Philadelphia, Delaware, and Chester Counties.
In our Supported Living program, we use a person-centered philosophy to develop a program that is unique to the individual being supported. At the outset of someone being referred to our program, we use LifeCourse tools to help us learn about what is important for them to have the life they want, what supports they need and want, and how we can help support them to live their best life and accomplish goals that are most important to them.
As a person’s needs, desires for support, and life change, we are able to work right alongside them to help with those needs and changes. We encourage people to have relationships with whom they want and how they want. We also support those who are parents, enabling them to continue living an everyday, meaningful life.
What sets us apart is that each person—if they do not have a home picked out—receives the support of a Realtor to help them find the home of their choosing in the area they choose. This enhances the person’s experience in truly having control over where and how they want live.
Some examples of services available to a person in Supported Living may include:
- Development of daily living skills including menu planning, shopping skills, and home maintenance
- Development of money management skills
- Scheduling and attending medical appointments, communicating with healthcare professionals, and following up on healthcare needs
- Accessing and participating in their community through staff support, or receiving help to access public transportation or ride sharing services
- Accessing the local services
The Activity Club is an informal social club that all individuals we support are welcome to participate in. All activities are generated by the individuals and staff who work with them. We offer a variety of activities each month such as bowling, dances, arts & crafts activities, breakfasts, lunches, and coffee gatherings, to name just a few.
- PA Intellectual Disabilities Services
- Everyday Lives: Values in Action
- Charting the LifeCourse
- People First Language
- Electronic Visit Verification
KenCrest’s Meaningful Life