About KenCrest’s Adult Community Medical Homes
KenCrest’s adult community medical homes provide a community living option for individuals diagnosed with intellectual disabilities and have complex medical needs. All of our medical homes are in the state of Pennsylvania (Montgomery County) and meet or exceed PA state licensing requirements. They are located in a variety of safe, centrally-located city, suburban, and rural neighborhoods.
Healthy, Safe, and Hazard-Free
KenCrest strives to ensure that each community living home is safe, clean, and hazard-free. All KenCrest homes are licensed and fully comply with, and in most cases exceed, the requirements set forth by State guidelines.
All KenCrest adult community medical homes are located in safe communities that are fully accessible and equipped with proper lighting.
Comprehensive Medical Supports
Each home is staffed 24 hours a day with two nurses and one residential care worker. Each home is staffed additionally by at least one residential care worker at all times.
Comprehensive Non-Medical Home Supports
The services provided in each home are as varied as the individuals residing in them. An array of non-medical services and supports within the homes are offered or provided. Available supports at each home include, but are not limited to:
- Transportation (appointments, social activities)
- Music and art therapy programs – home-based
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapy programs – home-based
- Massage therapy – home-based
- Coordination services (social outings, shopping, medical/dental appointments, pharmacy)
- Budget/coordination of financial needs
- Individualized program
Person-Centered Planning and a Meaningful Life
Each individual who has an Individual Support Plan (ISP), Individual Education Plan (IEP), Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP), or Individual Program Plan (IPP) will have a customized person-centered plan.
Person-centered plans focus on each person, their individuality, and interests. Person-centered plans:
- Create a vision for each person’s future
- Focus on what’s important to each person — goals, dreams, and how to communicate those
- Give freedom to decide and to change decisions
- Let and individual decide how their life looks
- Encourage a person to try new things and acquire new skills
- Allow a choice in who provides support and how that support looks
- Let an individual decide with whom they live and share their life
- Defines how a person is treated/related to
At KenCrest, we not only support person-centered planning, but make it a priority through our in-house program called Meaningful Life. This program seeks to identify and develop programming that increases an individual’s quality of life based on their unique desires, preferences, and goals.
Service providers as well families can contact KenCrest directly to begin the intake process in the state of PA by contacting us at AdultResidentialPA@kencrest.org or 610-825-9360.
- Everyday Lives: Values in Action
- Charting the LifeCourse
- PA Intellectual Disabilities Services
- People First Language
KenCrest’s Meaningful Life
Adult Residential Supports
In the state of PA, please contact us at AdultResidentialPA@kencrest.org or 610-825-9360.