About KenCrest’s Adult Community Medical Homes
Kencrest’s adult community medical homes provide a community living option for individuals diagnosed with intellectual disability and who additionally have complex medical needs in PA (Montgomery County). All of our homes meet and most exceed PA State licensing requirements and are located in a variety of safe, centrally located city, suburban and rural neighborhoods.
Healthy, Safe and Hazard Free
A primary focus of KenCrest is ensuring each community living home is safe, clean and hazard free. All KenCrest homes are licensed and fully comply with and in most cases exceed the requirements set forth by State guidelines.
All KenCrest adult community medical homes are located in safe communities and are fully accessible and equipped with proper lighting, etc.
Comprehensive Medical Supports
Each home is staffed 24-hours a day with 2 nurses and one residential care worker. Each home is additional staffed by at least one residential care worker at all times.
Comprehensive Non-Medical Home Supports
The services provided in each home are as varied as the individuals residing in them. An array of non-medical services and supports within the homes are offered or provided. Available supports at each home include but are not limited to;
- Transportation (appointments, social activities)
- Music and art therapy programs – home based
- Occupational, physical, speech therapy programs – home based
- Massage therapy – home based
- Coordination services (social outings, shopping, medical/dental appointments, pharmacy)
- Budget/coordination of financial needs
- Individualized program
Person-Centered Planning and a Meaningful Life
Each individual who has an Individual Support Plan (ISP), Individual Education Plan (IEP), Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP) or Individual Program Plan (IPP) will have plans representing a person centered plans.
Person centered plans focus on each person, their individuality and interests, they:
- Create a vision for each person’s future
- Focus on what’s important to each person, goals and dreams and how to communicate that
- Give freedom to decide and to change your decision
- Let and individual decide how their life looks
- Encourage a person to try new things, acquire new skills
- Allow a choice in who provides support and how that support looks
- Let individuals decide with whom they live and share their life with
- Defines how a person is treated/related to
At KenCrest we not only support Person-Centered planning but make it a priority through our in-house program Meaningful Life. This program seeks to identify and develop programming that increases an individual’s quality of life based on their unique desires, preferences and goals.
Service providers as well families can directly contact KenCrest to begin the intake process in the State of PA by contacting us at AdultResidentialPA@kencrest.org or 610-825-9360.
- Everyday Lives: Values in Action
- Charting the LifeCourse
- PA Intellectual Disabilities Services
- People First Language
KenCrest’s Meaningful Life
Adult Residential Supports
In the state of PA please contact us at AdultResidentialPA@kencrest.org or 610-825-9360.