KenCrest’s Adult Community Medical Homes
KenCrest’s adult community medical homes provide a community living option for people diagnosed with intellectual disabilities and have complex medical needs. All of our medical homes are in the state of Pennsylvania (Montgomery County) and meet or exceed PA state licensing requirements.
To see the high-quality care residents in our community medical homes receive from KenCrest staff and to hear the touching story of one of our families, watch the video below.
Healthy, Safe, and Hazard-Free
KenCrest strives to ensure that each community living home is safe, clean, and hazard-free. All KenCrest homes are licensed and fully comply with, and in most cases exceed, the requirements set forth by state guidelines.
All KenCrest adult community medical homes are located in safe communities that are fully accessible and equipped with proper lighting.
Comprehensive Medical Supports
Two nurses staff each home 24 hours a day. Additionally, at least one residential care worker staffs the homes at all times. We also have 24/7 primary care physician access, as well as weekly visits from a medical doctor who monitors the health of all our residents.
Comprehensive Non-Medical Home Supports
The services provided in each home vary depending on the needs of the people residing in them. We provide an array of non-medical services and supports within the homes. Available supports at each home include, but are not limited to:
- Transportation (appointments, social activities)
- Music and art therapy programs
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapy programs
- Massage therapy
- Coordination services (social outings, shopping, medical/dental appointments, pharmacy)
- Budget/coordination of financial needs
- Individualized program
Person-Centered Planning and a Meaningful Life
Each person who has an Individual Support Plan (ISP), Individual Education Plan (IEP), Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP), or Individual Program Plan (IPP) has a customized person-centered plan.
Person-centered plans focus on each person, their individuality, and interests. Person-centered plans:
- Create a vision for each person’s future
- Focus on what’s important to each person—goals, dreams, and how to communicate those
- Give freedom to decide and to change decisions
- Let a person decide how their life looks
- Encourage a person to try new things and acquire new skills
- Allow a choice in who provides support and how that support looks
- Let a person decide with whom they live and share their life
- Define how a person is treated/related to
At KenCrest, we not only support person-centered planning but make it a priority through our in-house program called Meaningful Life. This program seeks to identify and develop programming that increases a person’s quality of life based on their unique desires, preferences, and goals.
Service providers as well families can contact KenCrest directly to begin the intake process in the state of PA by email or phone at MedicalResidentialPA@kencrest.org or 215-713-3880 ext. 2856.