KenCrest Adult Community Living
KenCrest offers adult community living home options and supports in Pennsylvania (Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties), Delaware (New Castle, Sussex, and Kent counties), and Connecticut (Fairfield and New Haven counties). All of our homes lead the industry in support services and quality, meeting all state licensing requirements. They are located in a variety of safe, centrally located neighborhoods for the most ideal access to the community.
An Independent Living Decision
Living in one of KenCrest’s adult community living homes is not a placement but a choice made by each resident, based on their unique set of preferences, personalities, goals, and needs. KenCrest, in partnership with all team members, such as the supports coordinator as well as family members, is available to assist each person in making their decision to live in an adult community living home.
KenCrest has many areas with established options for adult community living. We continually and thoughtfully add to those choices with locations in suburban, city, and rural areas. KenCrest’s adult community living homes can be single-family homes, townhouses, or apartments, which KenCrest owns or leases.
Healthy, Safe, and Hazard-Free
KenCrest focuses on ensuring that each adult community living home is safe, clean, and hazard-free. All KenCrest homes are licensed and fully comply with, and in most cases exceed, the requirements set forth by state guidelines.
All KenCrest community living homes are located in safe communities that are fully accessible and equipped with proper lighting.
Comprehensive Home Support Services
The services provided in each adult community living home vary based on the needs of the people residing in them. Available supports at each home include, but are not limited to:
- Transportation (for appointments, social activities, work, or volunteer needs)
- Coordination services (social outings, work, volunteering, shopping, medical/dental appointments, pharmacy)
- Daily living support services (cooking, self-care, home care, gardening)
- Budget/coordination of financial needs
- 24/7 supervision (varies)
- Nursing support (on call)
- Emergency and regular behavioral supports (per behavioral support plan/individual support plan)
Person-Centered Planning and the Meaningful Life Program
Each individual who has an Individual Support Plan (ISP), Individual Education Plan (IEP), Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP), or Individual Program Plan (IPP) has a customized person-centered plan.
Person-centered plans focus on each person, their individuality, and interests. Person-centered plans:
- Create a vision for each person’s future
- Focus on what’s important to each person—goals, dreams, and how to communicate those
- Give freedom to decide and to change decisions
- Let a person decide how their life looks
- Encourage a person to try new things and acquire new skills
- Allow a choice in who provides support and how that support looks
- Let a person decide with whom they live and share their life
- Define how a person is treated/related to
At KenCrest, we not only support person-centered planning, but also make it a priority through our own in-house program called Meaningful Life. This program seeks to identify and develop programming that increases a person’s quality of life based on their unique desires, preferences, and goals.
Team Approach to Excellence
A team approach to delivering services at KenCrest ensures the smoothest, safest operation of each adult community living residence. It also allows us to support each person in the pursuit of their everyday life.
Each community living support team consists of a multidisciplinary group of staff designed to optimally support the needs of not only the residents but the employees as well. Our staffing structure promotes accountability, mentorship, and leadership within the team.
Cost, Availability, and Enrollment
All costs for room, board, and funding sources will be identified during the intake process. KenCrest will be part of a team working through the various financial aspects of the adult community living home arrangement.
Service providers as well families can contact KenCrest directly to begin the intake process in Pennsylvania at AdultResidentialPA@kencrest.org. In Delaware, interested parties should contact AdultResidentialDE@kencrest.org. In Connecticut, parties should contact AdultResidentialCT@kencrest.org.