Tuesday of this week was National Random Acts of Kindness Day. I read about this and got pretty excited about what I might do.
I read one story of someone who embraces this every day. A teacher gave all her students a dollar to do something nice. One of the students went to the dollar store, bought a stuffed animal, and took it to a hospital to a sick child. I love random acts of kindness. I was a recipient today!
On a regular basis, I try to do something nice and something kind for no particular reason. Sometimes I plan, sometimes I don’t. I am planning for Friday. What about you?
Think of these cheap or free ideas
- At your home, you are not the one to take the trash cans in…surprise someone, take them in
- At your work, leave a Hershey kiss on someone’s desk with an unsigned thank you note.
- Send a card to a friend with a note, ”Thinking of you today”.
- Bake a batch of brownies, and take some to a neighbor.
- Tell someone how much you enjoy working with them!
Create a little fun; nice surprises enrich our lives. Let’s keep that in mind as we move through life. We will not have less troubles or trials but we will all benefit from more smiles and joy!